Sunday, June 19, 2011

kitchen extras

****
Don't forget, there's still time to enter to win some yummy fabrics here!
****

"Cookie Jars"

Yesterday I put together these yummy summer fabrics into some potholders to be included in a baking themed gift basket I'm putting together for my cousin's bridal shower next weekend.  

Kitchen goodies

I loosely used this tutorial but changed the the dimensions and used a layer of Insul Bright batting and one layer of regular batting.  These were super quick and easy to put together,  I just added a few echo lines of quilting to the outside of the seams and added a little ribbon and teeny tiny button as a hanging loop.

Pot holder detail

I will be keeping these in mind for neighborhood Christmas gifts, it would be quite easy to mass produce these in not a lot of time.  I also had time to make up a matching Stay Put Kitchen Towel using Mary's tutorial from Pin.Sew.Press.  

Stay put kitchen towel

For a second I almost decided to keep these for myself, as I still don't have a set of potholders I've made, or a Stay Put Kitchen Towel for my own kitchen,  but alas, that idea quickly dissipated as I remembered the other 20 things that are on my sewing list!

"Cookie Jars"

Looks pretty nice in my kitchen, don't ya think??

Stay Put Kitchen Towel

I'm going to put these with two jar cookie recipes, a set of measuring spoons, measuring cups and a matching wooden spoon and spatula set.  I'll post pics when I get the basket together in the next few days...




5 comments:

  1. I love it all! great addition to your gift basket, I'd be thrilled to get those! I need to make more stay put towels for me. THey accidentally got washed with a red towel and are now pink. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your potholders! I totally hear what you're saying about wanting to keep them, but knowing you have so many other things to sew, lol! How big are your squares on the potholders?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous gifts! You definitely need to make some for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift!! Now you need to make some for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! My mom would love a gift like that!

    ReplyDelete