Thursday, June 24, 2010

sampler blocks

So I was able to finish my blocks for the Mod Sampler quilt, and I think I like it! I played around with the layout for a while, and this is what I've come up with:


I used 12 of the fat quarters that were in the Amy Butler Love fat quarter bundle, and I like the combination of fabrics. I took a trip to Joann's today to decide on a sashing fabric (I may have looked slightly crazy, as I brought a million little scraps with me to decide, and had them layed out everywhere!) I decided on Kona Bone, its not white, but not quite ivory either, I'm a fan. Then I wanted to pick my fabrics for the pieced backing and binding.



I'm in love with this binding fabric, and definitly bought extra to add to my "stash"


I'm hoping to get the sashing and quilt top completed over the next few days. As much as I loooove summer, its not so conducive to getting quilting projects done, as it seems were constantly running!

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean.........WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS WEEK ? What do you mean "today is Friday" ???

    I like the looks of the back you have in mind. I've been petting a piece of lime green solid at our local fabric store. I'm so afraid someone will buy it before I do !

    ReplyDelete