Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bad dog & log cabin fever



Don't let this adorable face fool you. I affectionately like to call her "destruction on 4 legs," as she is the reason I am now blogging with a new camera...because SHE ATE MY OLD CAMERA! Seriously, what dog eats a camera??!? I guess I honestly should not be surprised, I will add this "chewing" to the long list of other objects she has destroyed, including: TV remotes, a pin cusion, the area rug, pillows, flip flops, the artificial rocks in our fireplace...but seriously, a camera?!? It can't taste good. This dog is doomed to her crate for all of eternity when we are not home...

I suppose shes nothing if not thorough...not only did she break the camera, but she chewed the cord as well, so even if there was a chance of the camera working, its not like I could have done anything with the pictures...ugh. It's a good thing she's so cute...I might have killed her by now.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. On to more things quilting...my beach quilt is a work in progress, I've gotten some more of my color blocks done...
greens:

pinks:

yellows:


I still have red, purple and orange color blocks to make, and then the white framed geometric black and white prints as well....this is quite an undertaking for me! I'm pleased so far with the bright vibrant colors, and can't wait to finish the blocks to see what it will look like pieced together...hopefully as perfect as I'm envisioning in my head! Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. You have got a GOOD thing going there.
    Those rainbow blocks are going to be fabulous when you add in the black and white.

    BAD doggy ! Sheesh !
    Nah......just doesn't know better. I bet she's still a puppy, huh? Hopefully she'll grow out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I'm really happy with the way the blocks are turning out...as for the dog, like I said its a good thing shes so darn cute! She is still a puppy, a little over a year old...we were spoiled with our first lab, she wasnt a big chewer and grew out of that phase pretty quickly...unfortunately not so much with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Why do we love them and hate them! I don't get it. Although, eating a camera definitely takes the cake! I love these blocks!

    ReplyDelete